- Category: Travel
- Created on 28 May 2014
- Written by Kirstin N. Fuller aka @TheTravelinDiva
- Hits: 3596
Travel Must Have: Freshen Up Kit!
This past winter was one of the most brutal winters in history. Winter weather shut down several airports which cancelled thousands of flights. Travelers were left stranded in airports for days with their luggage stuck in holding areas. No access to a hotel or shower facilities to freshen up can drive a person crazy (lol). Before you take another vacation, we suggest you create your very own ‘freshen up kit!’
A ‘freshen up kit’ is a set of travel sized personal care items that you keep in your carry-on bag/totebag, never in your checked luggage.
To start your kit, here are a few suggested items:
- Travel pill case filled with your medicines and daily supplements.Travel with at least 3 days more than the length of your planned trip.
- Mini toothpaste, tooth brush, and mouthwash.Fresh breath is a priority and your fellow stranded travelers will thank you. (lol)
- Mini/travel size deodorant(solids will last longer than gels).
- Mini skin care kitthat includes facial wash, facial wipes and a moisturizer with SPF 15+ (Simple skincare makes a travel kit with all three items for $5. The kit is available at most Wal-Mart stores).
- Ladies only! Women love that out of the shower feeling and we’ve discovered a fabulous product that will help you keep that feeling on the road or anytime of the day. ‘Healthy HooHoo’ is a personal care product developed for women by a woman. It is an all-natural product that literally promotes a healthy hoo hoo. It is available in a gentle foaming cleanser, gel wash and convenient travel size pack of (ten) wipes. For more information, please visit
- Your favorite fragrance! You never know who you’ll meet on your travels. Pack your favorite fragrance in a TSA size approved ‘Travalo’ perfume atomizer. They are fabulous! I don’t leave home without one. They are spill-proof, shatter proof and easy to fill with your favorite fragrance. For more information and where to purchase, visit .
‘Freshen up kits’ can also be used for every day travel. Keep one in your work/school totebag, gym bag or in your desk. You can buy items for your ‘freshen up kit’ at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, CVS and Walgreens to a name a few. Remember to replace/restock your items after every trip or at least every quarter.
Savvy travelers, what would you add to your ‘freshen up kit?’
Be Happy. Be Fabulous. Be Well Traveled.
By The Travelin Diva ~ Kirstin N. Fuller